OEM Air Filter Air Flow: 81.70 CFM
DNA Air Filter Air Flow: 111.40 CFM
DNA Increased Air Flow: 36.35 %
DNA Filtering Efficiency: 98-99 %
- Installation of this DNA Air filter is very easy, simply follow the installation instructions included in the YAMAHA workshop manual.
- The filtering efficiency is extremely high at 98-99% filtering efficiency (ISO 5011), with 4 layers of DNA Cotton.
- The flow of this DNA filter is 36.35 % more than the YAMAHA stock paper filter!
- DNA air filter flow: 111.40 CFM (Cubic feet per minute) @1,5"H2O corrected @ 25degrees Celsius.
- YAMAHA stock paper filter: 81.70 CFM (Cubic feet per minute) @1,5"H2O corrected @ 25degrees Celsius.
- This DNA filter is designed as a High flow filter for Road, Off road and Track use.
OEM Air Filter & Cover Air Flow: 61.23 CFM
DNA Air Box Cover S2 with DNA S1 Filter Air Flow: 171.30 CFM
DNA Increased Air Flow: 179.76 %
DNA Filtering Efficiency: 98-99 %
- This new Stage 2 Air Box Cover is a CNC machined out of billet black polyamide 6, and designed to work exclusively with the DNA stock replacement air filter. Correctly used it will increase the airflow, torque and power of the engine.
- Installation info are included with this new DNA Stage 2 Air Box Cover and fuel injection recalibration is necessary.
- The filtering efficiency of the assembly with the DNA Stage1 Air Filter (R-Y7N14-01) is extremely high at 98-99% filtering efficiency (ISO 5011).
- The airflow of this new DNA Stage2 Air Box Cover (TC-Y7N14-S2) combined ALWAYS with the DNA Stage 1 Air Filter (R-Y7N14-01) is 179.76% over the YAMAHA stock application!
- DNA S1 & S2 air filter flow: 171.30 CFM (Cubic feet per minute) @1,5"H2O corrected @ 25degrees Celsius.
- YAMAHA stock paper filter with stock air box cover: 61.23 CFM (Cubic feet per minute) @1,5"H2O corrected @ 25degrees Celsius.
- This DNA Stage 2 Air Box Cover is designed for Road and Race use.
INSTALLATION INFO for DNA TC-Y7N14-S2
The DNA High Performance Stage 2 Air Box Cover TC-Y7N14-S2 is designed to replace the stock ‘Air Box cover’ of the YAMAHA 2014’. This DNA S2 Air Box Cover must be used ONLY combined with the DNA filter R-Y7N14-01 (sold separately). The DNA S2 it is not designed to be used with the OEM or any other filter.
If used correctly, the DNA S2 Air Box Cover and the DNA filter will increase the Airflow, Power, Torque and Throttle response of the bike.
This S2 Air Box Cover Filter is developed for Race & track use and in some countries it may not be legal to use it on the road.
- Remove the stock air filter from the bike following the instructions found in the official Yamaha workshop manual. Be very careful when removing the stock filter so debris doesn’t fall in the clean side of the air box.
- Install the DNA Stock replacement Air Filter R-Y7N14-01 (SOLD SEPARATELY) in the air box carefully, push it to “sit” correctly, and then install the DNA S2 Air Box Cover.
- At this point you must remove the rubber tube that is connected to the OEM cover diaphragm (see photo No.1 bellow) and connect it to the DNA S2 at the position shown bellow in photo No.2.
Use common sense and do not over tighten the bolts. Read the workshop manual for the recommended torque value.
Protect the filter when washing the bike and do not use a pressure washer on the filter. Use the dedicated DNA Service Kit DSK-2001 (sold separately) to clean and re-oil, following the instructions included with the service kit.
ATTENTION! Fuel injection recalibration is absolutely necessary! Please use a Dynojet Powercommander, TuneECU or similar product to correct your fueling or else the bike will run lean and possible damage will occur.
The manufacturer and seller make no warranties express or implied which extend beyond the description of the goods contained herein. Any description of this product is for the purpose of identifying it and shall not be deemed to create an express warranty.
The Anatomy of a DNA High Performance Filter
This is what Power is made of!
A DNA High Performance Filter is a high quality, next generation multilayer cotton gauze,flameproof, oil impregnated air filter.
1. The DNA Cotton
This very special cotton is designed by DNA's R&D engineers for High Performance filtering purposes. The basic media is a non woven surgical cotton gauze with a modified TEX & THREAD, with extremely high strength of break. This unique cotton media, actually is a "hairy hybrid" featuring extremely high air flow rates and excellentfiltering efficiency that exceeds 98%.
2. The DNA Wire Mesh
The DNA wire mesh, is a very special material designed by DNA's R&D engineers. Made out of marine grade 5000 series Aluminum, features a unique "wrap & fill" and precisely calculated wire diameter, to have the necessary high tensile strength and elasticity to last a lifetime. Additionaly it is protected against oxidation by a fine layer of epoxy coating. The DNA wire mesh is designed to perfectly support the cotton layers and at the same time not restrict the air flow.
3. The DNA Filtering Media
The DNA Filtering Media consists of 4 layers of DNA cotton, sandwiched between 2 layers of DNA wire mesh, precisely pleated all together. We produce a very wide selection of media, starting from 8 mm to 50 mm height, with an infinite size of "Pitch". Actually we can choose from an unlimited combination of DNA Filtering Media when designing a new filter. Another important feature of our filtering media is the "Large pleat edge radius". This feature allows the edge to be an active part of the filtering media, instead of a "dead" inactive area as our competitors is. The result is a unified high air flow of the filter. The only drawback of this design is that the media is very sensitive during production before molding and must be handled with extreme care, increasing the production cost.
4. The DNA Filter Oil
This is an extremely important part of the DNA filter. As soon as the DNA Oil is added to the cotton media, the cotton is "static charged" and transformed into an unbeatable filtering material! To achieve this fantastic result we have developed a unique air filter oil formula. The specifications of our DNA Air Filter Oil are as impressive as our filters are. Humidity will not attack the oil, even if the filter is submersed in water. The flow of the filter remains unchanged even under extreme rainy conditions with high humidity. (We have seen many competitors' filters transformed into a "milky mess" when it rains, severely reducing the performance of the engine). The oil has low viscosity, plus very high temperature resistance and stability. It will uniformly spread and stay on the filter regardless the temperature. Additionaly, it is UV resistant and easily soluble to assist cleaning the filter.
5. The DNA PU (elastomer polyurethane)
The DNA PU is a thixotropic material, that we use to manufacture the high quality "frame" of the filter, with unique material specifications. High tensile strength with the necessary hardness for each application, high temperature, fuel and oil resistance, the DNA PU will keep the filtering media in place, it will absorb vibration and will last for a life-time.
6. The DNA EVA (Ethylene Vinyl Acetate polymer) closed cell seals
We use only high quality EVA seals. Precisely cut and factory installed (glued) using industrial grade adhesive, guaranty a perfect airtight sealing and trouble free filter installation for the user. The DNA EVA seals and the industrial adhesive are fuel, oil and temperature resistant. Additionally the DNA cleaner will not affect them when the filter is cleaned!
7. The DNA FCd design technology
The DNA FCd design or "Welcome to the Future"! At least 20% and up to 80% more filtration area, using DNA FCd technology is common. The unique revolutionary design, an innovation by DNA, allows the pleated filtering media to follow precisely the air box contour, regardless the complexity of the shape, seriously increasing air flow. Taking advantage of the complete footprint of the air box, we eliminate "dead spots" that rob power. If the area is there why not use it!
The DNA High Performance Air Filter in action
It is a dirty job, but somebody has to do it!" Find out how a DNA High Performance Filter works to protect your engine efficiently, without compromising performance!
Human "technology" inspiration!
The "technology" that our DNA filter uses to clean the air is surprisingly common to all of us. It is part of our body; we use it constantly to stay alive! It is part of the Human respiratory system that filters the air we inhale! Tiny moistened hairs called cilia protect the nasal passageways and other parts of the respiratory tract, filtering out dust and other particles that enter the nose with the breathed air. The DNA filtering cotton media is exactly that, millions of tiny fibers that are oiled!
The "hairy hybrid" as we call it, is a genius combination of cotton fibers per square millimeter. The Tex & Thread, of this unique cotton, is a result of intensive research, by DNA's development engineers. The "hairy hybrid" impregnated with DNA's special filter oil, is transformed into the remarkable DNA media that provides very high filtering efficiency and extremely high flow rates.
Trap "enemies" by static charge!
We designed the DNA Filter to acquire a positive static charge as the air passes through the pleated and oiled filter media. The weak static charge will very efficiently "pull" on the oiled cotton fibers, the debris and dust that are in the air; remember in science class at school, the pen rubbed against wool that can attract small bits of paper, experiment? This is exactly what happens, as the air flows through the filter, debris even as small as 5 microns will change course and stick onto the fibers, regardless if the "holes" between the fibers can be as large as 150 microns! The first layer of debris on the fibers will then absorb some oil, get statically charged and become part of the filtering media! And guess what, it will start attracting new debris assisting the cotton media in its filtration chore!Finally debris will continue building up on the surface of the filter, as air passes through, until it is totally covered (see photos below).
Extreme testing environment.
Our filters have being successfully tested even in the harshest environments during the DAKAR Rally! Through Argentina up to the Andes, and down to the Atacama Desert in Chile. The dreadful "Fesh-Fesh" (Guadal) fine powder desert sand of the Atacama Desert, was succesfully kept out of the race engines, outperforming the foam filters!
So the myth is busted, the DNA filters can successfully be used in any environment, on and off the road, in the desert or the outback, DNA will be there to protect you.
Here comes increased torque & power.
The DNA filter will also smoothen out the air flow stream, as it passes through the filter, reducing turbulence and sending smooth clean & fresh air towards the engine intake, increasing torque and power. Additionally to the high air flow, smooth and unified air flow is very important. This explains why we see a decrease in the power output when testing a bike or car on the dyno "without" a filter as the circulation of the air in the air box is disturbed and the result is turbulence and low power output.